Support Us Button Widget

Reporting storm damage

A flooded street in St. Pete after tropical storm Nicole hit

A flooded street in St. Pete after tropical storm Nicole hit, Thursday, Nov 10.

Photo by TBAYtoday

After a hurricane or strong storm, there may be power outages, flooding, downed electrical wires, and debris, all of which can be a hazard to your health and safety. With Hurricane Ian and Tropical Storm Nicole now over, it’s essential to know who to call to report storm damage. We’ve gathered a list of resources you can use to help report outages and downed trees. Plus, we’ve added the latest alert systems to help you stay connected with your community.

Power outages + downed power lines:

⚡️ Duke Energy | 1-800-228-8485 | Text OUT to 57901
⚡️ Tampa Electric | 1-877-588-1010 | Text OUT to 27079

General storm damage reporting:

👩‍💻 Pinellas County residents can report damages to roads, public infrastructure, homes, and businesses here.
📞 Hillsborough County residents can call 833-427-8676

Alerts straight to your phone:

🚨 Alert Pinellas
🚨 HCFL Alert

It should be noted that if you or someone you know is experiencing an emergency or experiencing any of the previously mentioned events call 911 immediately.

More from TBAYtoday
The food hall is set to open later this year.
The annual deal runs through Tuesday, May 14.
It’s been 45 years since the Tampa Bay area experienced one of its worst ever storms.