Table of Contents
Mother’s Day is coming up Sunday, May 14. Now’s the perfect time to get some plans on the roster — or to text this article to your siblings to start the conversation.
We’re bringing you more than just the eats. We’ve got spa specials, concerts, and other finds to make Mother’s Day an experience.
- Now’s the time to treat mom to the new, bougie spots. Water Street’s Boulon Brasserie just opened in January. Moms will be greeted with a free glass of bubbly that’s sure to pair well with the restaurant’s re-imagined French favorites. And you can stop by the bakery afterward for a sweet treat to end the day’s celebrations.
- Doc Ford’s Rum Bar & Grille is the ideal spot to take in an incredible view of the St. Pete Pier while chowing down on great food. We recommend the Yucatan Shrimp (you can buy the sauce in their store to take some home too).
- Have you tried South Tampa’s newest spot, Union New American? The upscale American favorites spot boasts a glam, modern dining room + bar — and serves moms a free glass of champagne.
- Bring your favorite lady to the Pink Lady (aka the Don CeSar) for Mother’s Day at Maritana. The $150 meal features options like Oysters Rockefeller, strawberry and champagne sorbet, caramelized scallops, honey cake, and a glass of sparkling rosé. Plus, the hotel’s remodeled 1920s-esque bar is an A1 spot for a post-brunch espresso martini or two.
Activities to impress
- This month, Soho Wellness Spa is offering a “Mum and Me” package for $230 that includes a SOHO Spa facial and hour-long hot stone massage. Or spring for the “I am your Mother” package for $235 with a 90-minute hot stone massage and 30-minute foot treatment. And they’re open on the holiday, if mama wants to spend it relaxing.
- It’s a tradition for a reason. Head over to Julian B. Lane Riverfront Park at 7:45 p.m. for the annual Pops in the Park concert with the Florida Orchestra. Make sure to bring a blanket, snacks, and comfy chairs to stay awhile to take in the film scores, Broadway hits, and other tunes.
- Looking for something a little more out-of-the-box? Sign up for a yoga flow with mom at Armature Works or The Body Electric. Later in the week, Toast the Hostess is hosting (we had to) a floral arranging class with Florafête Bouquet Bar on Thursday, May 18.