We hope you’re hungry... for sourdough, sandwiches, smoothies, supersized burritos, and more (okay, maybe not all at the same time). Tampa Bay has a host of new eateries coming on the scene, and you’ll surely want to sample some of their sumptuous offerings.
- Last week we told you that Gateway Subs is opening a second location in Pasadena, but this week the local fave is offering free subs to the first 100 customers for its grand opening. Stop by today from 11 a.m. on at 2525 Pasadena Ave. S.
- Cider Press Vegan Gastropub moved out of its Central Avenue home earlier this year and has now reopened in the Kenwood neighborhood. The vegan bar + grill is hosting a soft opening Wednesday, Nov. 9, from 5-9 p.m. at 3118 3rd Ave. N.., St. Petersburg.
- Gimme that birria. Tampa’s Tacos Las Californias opened a new restaurant Monday at 4007 Fiesta Plaza in Tampa. The popular spot already has two other locations and a food truck serving up cheesy, beefy birria, carne asada fries, and more.
- Food & Wine Magazine ranked Jamison B. Breadhouse’s loaves, cinnamon buns, and focaccias as the No. 1 Bread in Florida. The legendary bakers have opened a grab-n-go shop in Ybor City, Creative Loafing Tampa Bay first reported. Located at 1806 1/2 N Nebraska Ave., the shop also offers brews from Eastlick, Buddy Brew, and more.
- The lunch lady is in — literally. The Lunch Lady, Sparkman Wharf’s latest culinary offering from local chef Ferrell Alvarez — will soon serve up hot, delicious sandwiches + other elevated casual fare. Owners say the new spot in the refurbished shipping container dining garden will open later this month.
By the way: This list is only a handful of the latest TBAY eateries, so if there’s another spot we should cover next, let us know.