We’ve all been there. You pick up ways too many peonies and eucalyptus at Trader Joe’s, then get home and have zero idea on how to form the blooms into an Instagram-worthy arrangement.
Luckily, there are lots of local shops + businesses that offer classes and parties to improve your floral wizardry. We put together a bouquet.
- Odds are you’ve peeped some of 2Birds Events’ incredible floral designs at your bestie’s wedding around town. The luxe local florist offers classes for groups of up to eight people. You choose the color scheme and style of arrangement, and they’ll bring unusual + jaunty stems out at their studio for a crash course. Then the team will deliver the centerpieces to your event.
- Not into cut flowers? Tampa’s Cactus Moon hosts “Succulent Saturdays” every third Saturday of the month, where you make your own box and fill it with long-lasting plants. Pro tip: The local spot also offers workshops at Armature Works, so you can grab a BLANK brew or dinner with your new pals.
- St. Pete’s Florafête Bouquet Bar offers tutorials on creating everything from flower crowns and wreaths to statement pieces. A “Bouquet Bartender” will come straight to your home for a two-hour private group class.
- Whether you want to learn how to style seasonal blooms or just want to take better care of your house plants, Wonderland Floral Art and Gift Loft has tons of great workshop options. Next month the studio is offering sessions on creating vibrant, tropical bouquets.
- Looking to impress your bridal shower or happy hour guests? Book the Roaming Petal for a bouquet bar or arrangement class with seasonal blooms — they handle the entire setup. Plus, the shop offers workshops at Toast the Hostess (2635 Central Ave., St. Petersburg), St. Pete’s adorable bungalow gathering space.
Did we miss your fave floral studio? Let us know, and we’ll share with the class.