Still on the hunt for a thoughtful gift? Shipping deadlines have since passed, but there’s still a plethora of top-notch prezzies you can buy right here in TBAY.
We rounded up a few gifts we wouldn’t mind finding in the manatee mailbox or under the tree.
- Florida history fans will love A24’s “FLORIDA,” a bright pink-bound book that dives into the state’s seven regions. FLORIDA was edited by Gabrielle Calise and features snippets on the state’s oddities — from the mermaids of Weeki Wachee to a Hemingway lookalike contest.
- There’s nothing more thoughtful than an ornament reminding them of home. Oxford Exchange stocks baubles featuring community spots like the Tampa Theatre and the bookstore, of course.
- Legendary St. Pete mural artist Chad Mize’s original artwork might be a tad over budget, but now you can gift a slice of his genius with a limited-edition Kahwa Coffee canister coated in his designs. Plus, each sale benefits the St. Pete Arts Alliance.
- Going to the inlaws or a friend’s for a gathering? Stock a basket with tons of TBAY treats. We recommend the cold brew cans from Made Coffee, a fresh loaf from Gulf Coast Sourdough, small batch ciders or beers from 3 Daughters or Cigar City Brewing.
- Give the gift of a stress-free holiday morning. Pete’s General Holiday pre-orders close today at noon. Order a scrumptious stick-in-the-oven French toast bake, Florida Citrus Loaf, or some of their signature bagels (we like the salt) for pickup on Dec. 24.
Or, donate in your loved ones’ name to their favorite local charity. Here’s a list of organizations looking for help this season.