Take a hike.
No, seriously. There’s no better time to trek around Tampa Bay’s best trails and unleash your wild side than right now, when the weather is a little bit drier + cooler. The Hillsborough County Hiking Spree begins today. It offers people another year of exploration around 26 local trails, preserves, and other picturesque spots.
Here’s a few of our favorites from the list.
Egmont Key State Park 🏝
- Only accessible by water
- Secluded island vibes at the mouth of Tampa Bay
Ybor City Museum State Park 🌆
- Links to Ybor City’s Historic Trail
- Discover the Cigar Capitol of the World as you’ve never seen it before
Fred + Ida Schultz Nature Preserve 🌲
- This preserve has mangrove forests, freshwater marsh, and coastal dunes
- Provides habitat for fisheries, shorebirds, and upland wildlife — including bobcats and migrating songbirds
Pro tip, remember to bring water, food, sunscreen, and binoculars for bird-watching.
You can earn your trail medallion here.