Now that it’s a little less steamy outside, we’re ready to take part in outdoor running — and outdoor workout — season. Some of Tampa Bay’s favorite hotspots offer free exercise classes, so you can easily fit in a sweat into your regular routine or alongside a visit to your weekday haunt.
St. Pete Pier
- There’s nothing quite as magical as stretching out while the pier’s majestic net display glows purple or blue. Yoga with The Body Electric takes over the pier for a picturesque sunset yoga session every first Wednesday of the month.
- The YMCA offers free workout classes at the pier the third Saturday of every month— from body combat to body flow.
- Looking for that bootcamp burn? Get Fit St. Pete offers monthly sessions at the St. Pete Pier, led by instructors from Best Day Fitness. Classes are the third Saturday of every month at 9 a.m.
- Meet your running family at Armature Work’s Run Club. Every first and third Wednesday of the month, the crew meets for a friendly 5K with Coach Ritchie. Plus, enjoy 10% off drinks at BAR AW with your new pals.
- Enjoy a high-intensity, low-impact barre class with The Bar Method every third Thursday of the month. Then wander over to the Heights Public Market for a post-sweat snack.
- Try out the mat pilates craze with local studio BODYROK on the first Wednesday of the month at 5:50 p.m.
- Always wanted to try F45? Now’s your chance. Each month, F45 Training hosts a free bootcamp at the Riverside spot. Just make sure you preregister and bring a towel (and lots of water).
- The Body Electric also offers free yoga classes at the popular St. Pete park. Stop by on the first Saturday of every month at 9 a.m. for an hour-long guided class through Get Fit St. Pete.