The invasion is coming. Stay ready.
Gaspy weekend is quickly approaching. This year’s pirate invasion is booked for Sat., Jan 28, from 2-6 p.m. Here’s a lowdown on this year’s festive offerings beyond the Bayshore parade — from historical musings to boozy bar crawls.
Pirates may not mark their calendars, but you should. These events may sell out, so we recommend registering or purchasing tickets early.
Friday, Jan. 20
- Gasparilla: A Tampa Tradition | Friday, Jan. 20-Sunday, March 5 | Times vary | Henry B. Plant Museum, 401 W. Kennedy Blvd., Tampa | $0-$12 | This exhibit explores the uncharted waters of more than 110 years of parades, pirate invasions, and coronation balls in Tampa.
Saturday, Jan. 21
- Living History Saturday | Saturday, Jan. 21 | 12-3 p.m. | Tampa Bay History Center, 801 Old Water St., Tampa | $0-$16.95 | Join historian and author Robert Jacob for a discussion on pirate history and mythology.
- 2023 Children’s Gasparilla Parade | Saturday, Jan. 21 | 3:30-6 p.m. | Bay to Bay and Bayshore boulevards, Tampa | $55-$70 | Bleacher seating is available to take in the time-honored, family-friendly parade.
Thursday, Jan. 26
- HR-aargh: Pre-Gasparilla Party | Thursday, Jan. 26 | 4:30-7 p.m. | Event Venue, 333 S. Franklin St., Tampa | Free | Mingle with other TBAY HR professionals from around on a sunset cruise.
- Rum Appreciation & Certification | Thursday, Jan. 26 | 6-8 p.m. | Armature Works, 1910 N. Ola Ave., Tampa | $99-$200 | Get into the Gasparilla spirit while becoming a rumsommer.
- Gasparilla Bar Crawl 5K | Thursday, Jan. 26 | 7-9 p.m. | Bar HWRD, 302 S. Howard Ave., Tampa | Free | Meet up with the pals for a festive romp around South Tampa’s bar scene.
Friday, Jan. 27
- Rough Riders Pre Gasparilla Invasion Party | Friday, Jan. 27 | Tampa Convention Center, 333 S. Franklin St., Tampa | $20 | Join Tampa’s Rough Riders for a costumed, boozy party before the main event.
Saturday, Jan. 28
- Gasparilla Invasion Party | Saturday, Jan. 28 | 9 a.m. | The Junior League of Tampa Headquarters, 87 Columbia Dr., Tampa | $125 | The Junior League of Tampa hosts this Davis Islands event featuring breakfast, lunch, an open bar, entertainment, and invasion viewing.
- Gasparilla Invasion Brunch | Saturday, Jan. 28 | 10 a.m.-3 p.m. | American Social Bar and Kitchen, 601 S. Harbour Island Blvd, Tampa | $165-$250 | Perch on the two-level private terrace and balcony to watch the invasion + crunch down on breakfast delights.
- Gasparilla Reggae Rum Fest | Saturday, Jan. 28 | 10 p.m. | Jerk Hut, 1241 E. Fowler Ave., Tampa | $20 | Dance to all your favorite Caribbean music at this party + enter to win the sexiest pirate contest.
Text GASPARILLA to 888-777 for Tampa’s festival updates, or check out the city’s website for parade routes, information on road closures, and more.