It’s haunting season TBAY, and we’re pulling out all the tricks and treats for you this fall. There’s no shortage of local events to embrace the spirit of Halloween and carve into your schedule. We’ve assembled a list of both family-friendly haunts + thrill-seeking scares guaranteed to get you in the spirit.
👻 For the Grown-Ups
- Spookeasy | Open daily | Dates vary | Times vary | 1909 N. 15th St., Ybor City | Free | Drop into this hidden speakeasy-style Kava Bar specializing in kava + botanical tea, and don’t forget to try their aptly named “Bat Wings”.
- The Vault of Souls | Dates vary | 7:30 p.m. | The Vault, 611 N. Franklin St. | $100+ | Run, don’t walk, to purchase a ticket for this unique + elevated haunted experience — enjoy a welcome cocktail, hors d’oeuvres, and three interactive performances.
🍬 For the Fam
- Creatures of the Night | Select nights, Fri., Sept. 30-Sat., Oct. 30 | 4-10 p.m. | ZooTampa, 1101 W. Sligh Ave. | $35 | Enjoy mischievous characters + festive treats while observing the zoo’s exotic animals.
- Hauntizaar | Sat., Oct. 22 | 10 a.m.-3 p.m. | The Studio @ 620, 620 1st Ave. S., St. Petersburg | Free | Ogle at local, spooky-themed handmade art, jewelry, decorations, body care products and many more hand-crafted seasonal items.
🎃 For the Group Chat
- Haunted Pirate Water Taxi rides | Dates vary | Times vary | Dock next to the Tampa Convention Center | $20+ | Prepare to be spooked on the 45-minute storytelling cruise. Pro tip, book the 9 p.m. ride for max ambiance.
- Elmbalmarina’s Traveling Postmortem Fauxtography Parlour | Sat., Oct. 8 | 11 a.m.-4:30 p.m. | Alchemy & Ashes Parlour of Magical Curiosities, 24836 State Rd. 54, Lutz | $50+ | Round up your most hallowed pals for a spooky photo shoot, complete with a life-sized coffin — book a 20-minute session with Embalmarina via Instagram.